Return to: 2007 News Releases
MACTEC WINS $6 MILLION FIVE-YEAR ENVIRONMENTAL SUPPORT CONTRACT FROM USACE MOBILE DISTRICT
KENNESAW, GA, April 9, 2007 -- MACTEC Engineering and Consulting (MACTEC E&C) has been awarded a $6 million, five-year indefinite delivery, indefinite quantity contract from the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers - Mobile District. Bruce C. Coles, president of MACTEC E&C and chairman and CEO of MACTEC, Inc., the holding company (www.mactec.com) - made the announcement.
MACTEC will be providing environmental support in the U.S. and abroad to a number of military, civil, and federal agencies, some of which include the U.S. Army, Army Reserves, National Guard, other Department of Defense (DoD) Services, and other federal agencies.
Projects will comprise:
- Army base realignment and closure (BRAC) and other Army Force Structure and Organizational Realignment
- Privatization of military utilities
- Family housing, lodging, and other facilities
- DoD, U.S. Air Force, U.S. Navy, and U.S. Marine Corps projects
- U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) federal military and civil works projects
- All compliance and conformance issues
- Development and management of land, natural and cultural resources programs
- Study of contaminated sites
- Other water quality or water supply studies.
According to MACTEC Senior Principal/Vice President Randy Knott, the company will prepare National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) documents, integrated natural resource management plans, integrated cultural resource management plans, endangered species management plans, and Clean Water Act documentation and implementing guidance.
Specific services may include:
- Scientific analyses and assessments of biological, ecological, cultural/historic/architectural, and archaeological resources (terrestrial and underwater)
- Threatened and endangered species inventories, biological assessments, Section 7 consultations (Endangered Species Act), habitat evaluations, and environmental baseline surveys
- Identification of current trends, cumulative effects, projected land uses (including potential use and reuse alternatives), and economic impacts
- Identification and evaluation of potential impact mitigation measures
- Preparation of master plans for development and management of military and civil facilities (including natural and cultural resource management planning)
- Coordination with interested federal, state, and local agencies and organizations, including public involvement plans and facilitation of public meetings
- Use of geographic information systems and similar technologies, and web-based program management techniques
- Support for BRAC real estate activities, including leases, licenses, reports of availability; preparation of findings of suitability to transfer and/or findings of suitability to lease; decision documents that incorporate all essential issues; and preparation of BRAC cleanup plans.
MACTEC, based in Alpharetta, GA, is a $505 million environmental, engineering, construction management, and infrastructure services firm with 3,000 employees in over 90 offices nationwide.
Return to: 2007 News Releases